Residency Requirements

If you are a resident of New York State, but not of Ulster County, you must provide a Certificate of Residence from your home county every fall in order to receive the in-state tuition rate at SUNY Ulster.

To obtain a Certificate of Residence, download, complete, sign and notarize this application, and then send it to the Chief Fiscal Officer of your home county.  (Find your county's address here.)

(Note: The above application is good for residents of all New York state counties, except residents of New York City (all five boroughs), Cayuga, Delaware, Dutchess, Nassau, Orange, Saratoga, Steuben, Suffolk, Sullivan, Washington and Westchester counties.) 

If you live in the five boroughs of New York City, Delaware, Dutchess, Nassau, Orange, Saratoga Steuben, Suffolk, Sullivan or Westchester Counties, download and print the application, with instructions for completing it, below.


Cayuga County

Delaware County

Dutchess County (Dutchess County Website)

Nassau County

New York City (All five boroughs)

Orange County

Saratoga County

Steuben County

Suffolk County

Sullivan County

Washington County

Westchester County

All Other Counties

Once the application is filled out, signed, and notarized, you will have to send it to the Chief Fiscal Officer of your home county, usually the County Treasurer to get a Certificate of Residence.

Once you receive the Certificate of Residence from your County Treasurer, please mail, fax, or email to: 

SUNY Ulster 
Attention:  Student Accounts Office
P.O. Box 557
Stone Ridge, NY  12484

Fax:  845-687-5294


For more information:

Student Accounts
VAN 204
1-800-724-0833, extension 5099





Upcoming Events